INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTING THE TERMS
The Company reserves the right to update these Terms, which we may do for reasons that include, but are not limited to: complying with changes to the law or reflecting enhancements to Solarian. If the changes affect your usage of the Service or your legal rights, we’ll notify you no less than seven days before the changes take effect. Unless we state otherwise, your continued use of the Service after we post modifications will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to those changes. If you object to the changes, your recourse shall be to cease using the Service.
RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICE
- The Service provides a social platform for game players and those interested in the game. The Service may allow you to participate in public and private chat rooms and to utilise messaging features to communicate with other users of the Service. The Service may also allow you to access certain software and/or other content that is available free for use from the Company. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, the Company grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use and access the Service solely for your personal, non-commercial use, unless we agree to your commercial use in writing. You agree not to (and not to attempt to) (i) use the Service for any use or purpose other than as expressly permitted by these Terms;(ii) copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, attempt to discover any source code, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise exploit the Service or any portion of the Service, except as expressly permitted in these Terms; or (iii) use data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Service. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by the Company or its licensors, except for the permissions and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. The Company reserves the right to refuse any user access to the Service without notice for any reason, including but not limited to a violation of the Terms. If you violate these Terms, the Company reserves the right to issue you a warning regarding the violation or immediately terminate or suspend any or all Accounts you have created using the Service. You agree that the Company need not provide you notice before terminating or suspending your Account(s), but it may do so.
YOUR ACCOUNTS WITH SOLARIAN AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- You are responsible for your log-in credentials and for any activity resulting from the use of your log-in credentials or other activity on your account (“Account”) on the Service. Upon launching the Service, if you do not already have an Account, you may be prompted to create one by providing a username and in some cases a password or by authenticating though a third-party service. You may also be required to provide a valid email address or other information to access or utilise certain applications or features. You represent and warrant that the information you provide to us upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete. We reserve the right to reject any username or to terminate your username or prevent use of a username in our sole discretion, and without any liability to you. You understand and agree that other users of the Service may have the same username as you, however, users will be differentiated by a number identifier that may or may not be visible to you or other users. You will ensure that your e-mail address is kept accurate and up-to-date at all times. If we allow you to use any portion of the Service without creating an Account (e.g., if we make available applications that use features not requiring authentication), certain information may not be made available. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your log-in credentials and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of your credentials or otherwise on your Account. You agree to notify us immediately if you believe the confidentiality of your log-in credentials has been compromised or if you suspect unauthorised use of your Account. You agree that we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorised use of your Solarian credentials or any third-party credentials provided via the Service.
- You agree to receive communications from us electronically, such as email, text, or mobile push notices, or notices and messages on the Service. For any direct marketing messages, we will ensure that we obtain your consent first, and also make it easy for you to opt out — we don’t want to send you messages you don’t want.
By using the Service or providing information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service, and that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Solarian provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All rights, title and interest in and to all materials that are part of the Service (including, but not limited to, designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement), except for Your Content, collectively referred to as the “Service Materials,” are, as between the Company and you, owned by the Company and/or its third-party licensors. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not acquire any ownership rights whatsoever by downloading Service Materials. You agree that you shall not modify, copy, distribute, frame, reproduce, republish, download, scrape, display, post, transmit, or sell in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, or otherwise exploit the Service Materials without our express prior written permission. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Service or by accessing any Service Materials posted on the Service by the Company, or any derivative works thereof. All rights not expressly granted by these Terms are reserved by the Company and its licensors, and no license is granted hereunder by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
- Any data, text, graphics, photographs and their selection and arrangement, and any other materials uploaded to the Service by you is “Your Content.” You represent and warrant that Your Content is original to you and that you exclusively own the rights to such content, including the right to grant all of the rights and licenses in these Terms without the Company incurring any third party obligations or liability arising out of its exercise of such rights and licenses. All of Your Content is your sole responsibility and the Company is not responsible for any material that you upload, post, or otherwise make available. By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Content with the Service, you grant to us a perpetual, nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and worldwide license to use, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content in connection with operating and providing the Service. The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, quality, or integrity of any user content posted. By using the Service, you acknowledge and accept that you may be exposed to material you find offensive or objectionable. You agree that the Company will not under any circumstances be liable for any user content, including, but not limited to, errors in any user content, or any loss or damage incurred by use of user content. The Company reserves the right to remove and permanently delete Your Content from the Service with or without notice for any reason or no reason. You may notify the Company of any user content that you believe violates these Terms, or other inappropriate user behaviour, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
RULES OF CONDUCT AND USAGE
- The Service provides communication channels such as forums, communities, or chat areas (“Communication Channels”) designed to enable you to communicate with other Service users. The Company has no obligation to monitor these communication channels but it may do so in connection with providing the Service. The Company may also terminate or suspend your access to any Communication Channels within the Service at any time, without notice, for any reason. You acknowledge that any user content (including without limitation chats, postings, or materials posted by users) on the Communication Channels is neither endorsed nor controlled by us. The Company will not under any circumstances be liable for any activity within Communication Channels. The Company is not responsible for information that you choose to share on the Communication Channels, or for the actions of other users. As a condition of your use of the Service, and without limiting your other obligations under these Terms, you agree to comply with the restrictions and rules of use set forth in these Terms and our Policies & Procedures (found at https://solarian.net/rules.php) as well as any additional restrictions or rules (such as application-specific rules) set forth in the Service. As an example, you agree not to use the Service in order to:
- post, upload, transmit or otherwise disseminate information that is objectionable as outlined in our Policies & Procedures;
- defame, libel, ridicule, mock, stalk, threaten, harass, intimidate or abuse anyone;
- engage in conduct that is fraudulent or illegal or otherwise harmful to Solarian or any other user;
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or data, or any other similar software or programs or engage in any other activity that may damage the operation of the Service or other users’ computers;
- violate the contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights of any party including using, uploading, transmitting, distributing, or otherwise making available any information made available through the Service in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity);
- attempt to obtain passwords or other private information from other members;
- improperly use support mechanisms or complaint buttons to make false reports to us;
- develop, distribute, or publicly inform other members of “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software program or applications in violation of the applicable license agreements; or
- exploit, distribute or publicly inform other members of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage; violate any applicable laws or regulations; or promote or encourage illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software, compromised accounts, or cheats or hacks for the Service.
These rules of use are not meant to be exhaustive, and we reserve the right to determine what conduct we consider to be a violation of the Terms, Policies & Procedures or improper use of the Service and to take action including termination of your Account and exclusion from further participation in the Service.
- We appreciate hearing from our users and welcome your comments regarding the Service. If you choose to provide feedback, comments or suggestions for improvements to the Service or otherwise (in written or oral form) (“Feedback”), you represent and warrant that (a) you have the right to disclose the Feedback, (b) the Feedback does not violate the rights of any other person or entity, and (c) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of any third party or parties.
By sending us any Feedback, you further (i) agree that we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (ii) acknowledge that we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, (iii) grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works from, publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback, and (iv) irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Solarian and its users any claims and assertions of any moral rights contained in such Feedback. This Feedback section shall survive any termination of your account or the Services.
All rights in this section are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service and other parties that you come in contact with through the Service. The Company hereby disclaims any and all liability to you or any third party relating to your use of the Service. The Company reserves the right, but has no obligation, to manage disputes between you and other users of the Service.
- Copyright Complaints: The Company respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify the Company of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below. The Company will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to the Company’s Copyright Agent at email@example.com (Subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”). To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service, with enough detail that we may find it on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorised to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
If you submit a notice of infringement that knowingly materially misrepresents that any Content, information, or communication on the Services is infringing upon a copyright, you may be held liable for damages and attorneys’ fees.
Counter-Notice: If you believe that Your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorisation from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to upload and use the content in Your Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located within the Western District of North Carolina and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, the Company will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
Repeat Infringer Policy: In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, the Company has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at the Company’s sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. The Company may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the memberships of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
- You may terminate your Account at any time and for any reason by leaving all associated third-party Services provided by Solarian and contacting firstname.lastname@example.org . The Company may terminate your Account and your access to the Service (or, at the Company’s sole option, applicable portions of the Service) at any time and for any reason. The Company is not required to provide you with any notice or warning prior to any such termination. You may, as the result of termination, lose your Account and all information and data associated therewith, and the Company is under no obligation to compensate you for any such loss.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
- THE SERVICES AND THE SERVICE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IN ADDITION, WHILE THE COMPANY ATTEMPTS TO PROVIDE A GOOD USER EXPERIENCE, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL ALWAYS BE SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DELAYS, DISRUPTIONS, OR IMPERFECTIONS. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR OTHER MATERIALS ON, ACCESSED THROUGH OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES.THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO US IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT A CLAIM OR (B) $10. THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THESE TERMS DO NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER RIGHTS THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHICH MEANS THAT SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THESE JURISDICTIONS, DISCORD’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You specifically acknowledge that the Company shall not be liable for user content, including without limitation Your Content, or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right or any third party agreement; or (iv) any of Your Content or information in your Account or any other information you post or share on or through the Service. As used in this section, “you” shall include anyone accessing the Service using your password.
- THIS SECTION AND THE NEXT SECTION ONLY APPLIES TO YOU IF YOU ARE A UNITED STATES RESIDENT.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY - IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
You and Solarian agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these arbitration provisions.
Most disputes can be resolved without resorting to arbitration. In the event of a dispute, you agree to provide us notice of the dispute. This notice must provide a brief, written description of the dispute, the relief requested and the contact information of the party giving it. You must send any such notice to Solarian by email to email@example.com.
The parties agree to use their best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation with one another, and good faith negotiations shall be a condition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, disputes concerning patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets and claims of piracy or unauthorised use of the Service shall not be subject to arbitration, and the notice and good faith negotiation required by this paragraph shall not apply to these types of disputes.
Binding Arbitration: Except as provided herein, if we cannot resolve a dispute informally, any dispute will be resolved only by binding arbitration to be held in the U.S. state of North Carolina. For residents outside the United States, arbitration shall be initiated in Charlotte, North Carolina. Solarian and you further agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any state or federal court in Charlotte, North Carolina to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator, governed by the rules of JAMS that are in effect at the time the arbitration is initiated (referred to as the “JAMS Rules”) and under the rules set forth in these Terms. If there is a conflict between the JAMS Rules and the rules set forth in these Terms, the rules set forth in these Terms will govern. ARBITRATION MEANS THAT YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. You may, in arbitration, seek any and all remedies otherwise available to you pursuant to your state’s law.
To the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds the cost of filing a lawsuit, you will pay the additional cost for all parties. You shall also bear the cost of any arbitration fees. You are also responsible for all other additional costs that you may incur in the arbitration including, without limitation, attorney’s fees and expert witness costs unless Solarian is specifically required to pay such fees under applicable law. The decision of the arbitrator will be in writing and binding and conclusive on Solarian and you, and judgment to enforce the decision may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. Solarian and you agree that dispositive motions, including without limitation motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment, will be allowed in the arbitration. The arbitrator must follow these Terms of Service and can award the same damages and relief as a court, including injunctive or other equitable relief and attorney’s fees. Solarian and you understand that, absent this mandatory arbitration provision, Solarian and you would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. Solarian and you further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and that the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
If Solarian’s or your claim is solely for monetary relief of $10,000 or less and does not include a request for any type of equitable remedy, the party bringing the claim may choose whether the arbitration of the claim will be conducted, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing under the JAMS Rules, solely based on documents submitted to the arbitrator.
You or Solarian may choose to pursue a claim in small claims court where jurisdiction and venue over you and Solarian otherwise qualifies for such small claims court and where the claim does not include a request for any type of equitable relief. However, if you decide to pursue a claim in small claims court, you agree to still provide Solarian with advance notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any clause within this Arbitration Section is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that specific clause will be severed from this section, and the remainder of its provisions will be given full force and effect.
Survival: This Arbitration section shall survive any termination of your account or the Service.
- THIS SECTION AND THE PREVIOUS SECTION ONLY APPLIES TO YOU IF YOU ARE A UNITED STATES RESIDENT.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
Solarian and you agree to resolve any dispute in an individual capacity, and not on behalf of, or as part of, any purported class, consolidated, or representative proceeding.
The arbitrator cannot combine more than one person’s or entity’s claims into a single case, and cannot preside over any consolidated, class or representative proceeding (unless we agree otherwise). And, the arbitrator’s decision or award in one person’s or entity’s case can only impact the person or entity that brought the claim, not other Solarian users, and cannot be used to decide other disputes with other customers.
If any court or arbitrator determines that the class/consolidated/representative action waiver set forth in this section is void or unenforceable for any reason or that arbitration can proceed on a class, consolidated, or representative basis, then the disputes, claims, or controversies will not be subject to arbitration and must be litigated in federal court located in Western District of North Carolina.
This Class Action Waiver section shall survive any termination of your account or the Services.
INTERNATIONAL USE; EXPORT CONTROLS
- Software available in connection with the Service and the transmission of applicable data, if any, is subject to United States export controls. No software may be downloaded from the Service or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the software is at your sole risk. Recognising the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Service, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content.
- Governing Law: By visiting the Site or using the Service, you agree that the laws of the United States and the State of North Carolina, without regard to principles of conflict of laws and regardless of your location, will govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and the Company.
Any claim or dispute between you and the Company that arises out of or is related to the Service and is not subject to arbitration shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, and you hereby consent to, and waive all defences of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
Injunctive and Other Equitable Relief: You acknowledge that the rights granted and obligations made to the Company under these Terms are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which may result in immediate and irreparable harm to the Company for which remedies at law are inadequate. The Company shall therefore be entitled to seek injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligation to post any bond or surety) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you. You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief.
Entire Agreement: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company with respect to your use of the Service and any other subject matter hereof and cannot be changed or modified by you except as expressly posted on the Service by the Company. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or third party services, third party content or third party software.
Waiver: The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, and no waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
Severability: If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Course of Conduct/Trade Practice: Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice will act to modify these Terms.
Assignment: These Terms may not be assigned by you without the Company’s prior written consent, but are freely assignable by the Company. Subject to the foregoing restriction, these Terms will be binding on, inure to, and enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
Documentation of Compliance: Upon the Company’s request, you will furnish the Company with any documentation, substantiation or releases necessary to verify your compliance with these Terms.
Interpretation: You agree that these Terms will not be construed against the Company by virtue of having drafted them.
Defences Based on Electronic Form of These Terms: You hereby waive any and all defences you may have based on the electronic form of these Terms and the lack of signing by the parties hereto to execute these Terms.
Survival: You agree that the provisions of these Terms that by their nature should survive termination will survive any termination of these Terms.
Contact: If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact email@example.com.